On the start page of MetaShare settings, you are able to apply the following general settings.
- On the top of the general settings page, you define the MetaShare administrator:
- This account will be granted full access-rights on all workspaces (added as Site Collection Administrator to the site collections MetaShare creates), that are created after the account was added to the setting. Any earlier created workspaces will have the earlier MetaShare administrator as the site collection administrator.
- By default, the account that activated MetaShare is assigned as the MetaShare administrator but it can be changed at any point of time.
- Recommendations/prerequisites for the account:
- It should preferably be a system account (not a normal user account).
- It should be a SharePoint Service Administrator (no SharePoint licence needed).
- As the account in some cases will be shown to the end-users, e.g. when unexpected errors occur, enabling end-users to send e-mails to the account, the account needs a Microsoft Exchange Online license and the account’s e-mail should also be monitored by an administrator.
Default language and regional settings
- Select default language and regional settings, which will be set on all new workspace configurations:
Path to MetaShare’s document templates
- To be able to create documents from within MetaShare’s user interface, a document library for MetaShare’s document templates needs to be created, configured and defined. Once this is done, just paste the path to the document library and paste it into the “Document template library” field:
- You will now be able to open the document templates library by clicking on the “Manage document templates” button.
Path to SharePoint’s search results page
- If you search for documents in MetaShare and you want to see the search results in SharePoint’s search results page, you can click on a link “Show results from all locations”. This will open a new browser tab where the results are shown in SharePoint’s standard search results page. To get a better search experience, the recommendation is to create a customized search results page. Once this is done, just paste the path to the created custom search result page and paste it into the “SharePoint’s search result page” field:
- You will now be able to open the customized search results page by clicking on the “Open SharePoint’s search results page” button.