After having authenticated to MetaShare, MetaShare will do things in SharePoint, on behalf of the logged in user. In order to this, without any issues, it is recommended that both of these domains are added to the same security zones, e.g. the “Internet” zone.
- https://[your tenant’s name].sharepoint.com
If you as well need to access MetaShare through the WebDAV interface, e.g. to efficiently edit Adobe InDesign and Adobe Premiere documents, and if you do not want to get this message when opening certain types of documents, then both of these domains need to be added to the “Trusted sites” security zone:
If “app.metashare.com” or “login.microsoftonline.com” are added to the “Local Intranet” or the “Trusted sites” security zones they should both be in the same zone or one in the “Local Intranet” zone and the other in the “Trusted sites” zone.
How to set the security zones
Follow these steps to change your security zones:
- Open your computer’s “Internet Properties” (click on the computer’s start button and type “Internet Options”) and start the application.
- Click on the “Security tab”, then the zone where you want to add the domains and the click on the “Sites” button:
- Add the domain in the field and click on the “Add” button:
If you want to add more domains do this step several times before you click on the “Close” button.
- Click on the “Close button of the “Internet Properties” window.