You can inactivate/uninstall MetaShare at any time and there’s no risk when doing so, as all your documents, their metadata and their access rights will remain intact in SharePoint. Once MetaShare is inactivated, your users will however not be able to use MetaShare’s user interface, instead they will access their documents through SharePoint’s standard user interface.
You inactivate MetaShare by following these instructions:
- Go to Azure Portal.
- Open Azure’s left navigation menu and click on “Azure Active Directory”:
- In the new menu, on the left navigation, select “Enterprise applications”:
- In the list of the available applications, click on “MetaShare”:
- On the new screen, click on “Properties” and then click on the “Delete” icon:
- You will be prompted to confirm that you want to delete MetaShare. Click on the “Yes” button”:
- MetaShare will now no longer be listed among your enterprise applications.
- If you want to be totally forgotten, contact MetaShare support and all your information will be removed from MetaShare’s database.