Here you find instructions on how to remove columns from a site content type in SharePoint.
- Open the site content type.
- Click on the name of the column that you want to remove from the content type, in the list of available columns:
- On the content type’s column properties, click on the “Remove” button:
- The default column “Title” cannot be removed from document content types, so if you do not want to have the column displayed in the form, you need to set its status to “Hidden”.
- Removed columns from a content type are not deleted from the content type hub, to totally remove a column you need to delete it.