When creating workspaces in MetaShare, these are the automated steps that it does:
- The workspace is created (a SharePoint site collection), based on SharePoint’s “Team site” template and its URL will be set to the value of the “SharePoint URL” field:
- The site’s title is set to the given “Name” of the workspace:
If the workspace’s name later is modified, the site’s title will also be updated accordingly.
- The site’s time zone will be set to the selected Time zone:
- A custom permission level called “Administrate” will be created in the workspace and the site’s Owners group will be assigned this permission in the site.
- The person that creates the workspace will be added to the workspace’s Owner group.
- The content types, defined by the workspace’s configuration, will be attached to the workspace’s document library.
If new content types later are added to the workspace’s configuration, these will automatically also be attached to the workspace’s document library.
- When the workspace creation is completed an e-mail is sent to the user that created the workspace, with a direct link to the MetaShare workspace:
- Once SharePoint search has crawled and indexed the newly created workspace it will appear among the list of workspaces, in MetaShare’s start page.
- When users go to the workspace, it will now have the filters, columns and suggested templates/document types, as defined by the workspace’s configuration.