If you are an owner of a workspace, you can modify the workspace’s metadata:
- Go to MetaShare’s start page.
- Select the workspace that you want to edit and click on the ”Properties” function in the toolbar:
- The workspace’s properties form is now shown on the right side of the page and the metadata that can be changed are:
- The workspace’s “Name”
- Any custom metadata
- Click on the “Save” button.
- When a workspace’s “Name” is changed, the change will not be reflected in the “SharePoint URL”. If you as well want to change the “SharePoint URL” you need to create a new workspace and then move the documents to this workspace.
- If any of the workspace metadata’s terms/labels have been changed, these will not be reflected directly in MetaShare’s start page. They first need to be reindexed by the search engine, which normally takes about 15 minutes.
- A workspace’s “Configuration” and “SharePoint URL” cannot be changed from MetaShare. If you would like to change these, here are your options:
- The workspace’s Time zone cannot be changed from MetaShare but you can easily do this directly from the SharePoint site, by going to “Site Settings” and choosing “Regional Settings”. If however need to be the site’s “site collection administrator” to perform this action.