You first need to create a workspace configuration, thereafter configure the settings for the configuration, see the following 2 sections for instructions:
How to create a workspace configuration
- Go to MetaShare’s start page.
- Click on the “Settings” function in the top bar:
- Click on “Workspace configurations” in MetaShare settings’ left navigation menu:
- Give the configuration a meaningful name and select the type of workspace configuration that you want to create:
- MetaShare workspace: when creating a new workspace of this type, an actual workspace will be created and MetaShare’s document management functionality will be applied to and used within the workspace.
- SharePoint site: when creating a new workspace of this type, you are actually not creating a workspace, just merely adding an existing SharePoint site collection to be displayed among the list of workspaces.
- Click on the “Save” button.
- The newly created workspace configuration will now be listed as one of the workspace configurations defined in your MetaShare and you will be redirected to the workspace configuration’s settings page.
How to configure a workspace configuration
Do the following to configure the workspace configuration that you just created:
- Define the workspace configuration’s general settings:
- Name: You can rename the workspace configuration, if needed.
- Content type for workspace properties: The selected content type defines which workspace metadata fields to show when creating workspaces or when updating their properties (instructions: How to define which workspace metadata that workspaces’ should be tagged with).
- Term set that defines suggested templates: The selected term set can be used to define suggested document templates for the values in the metadata field that are mapped to the term set (instructions: How to define the suggested document templates). When a term set is defined, a sub-menu called “Suggested templates” will be shown under the workspace configuration.
- Click on the “Save” button to save your changes.
- Define the workspace configuration’s document metadata (instructions: How to define a workspace’s document metadata):
- Define the workspace configuration’s suggested templates (instructions: How to define the suggested document templates).
- A prerequisite to open a workspace configuration is that you at least have “Read” permissions on SharePoint’s content type hub. If you as well want to create MetaShare’s document metadata (site columns and site content types), the users needs “Full Control” permissions on the hub. If you do not have any of these permissions, you will get this message when opening any of the workspace configurations:
Use one of the yellow-marked links above to assign you these permissions.