You can help your users to choose a suggested document template by associating the document templates with an appropriate document metadata/field, e.g. “Document types”. This is called “Suggested document templates” and is configured per workspace configuration.
- Go to MetaShare’s start page.
- Click on the “Settings” function in the top bar:
- Open the workspace configuration that you want to customize, in MetaShare settings’ left navigation menu, and ensure that you have selected a “Term set that defines suggested templates”, typically “Document type” but depending on the configuration it could be a different term set, like “Type of agreement”, in this example:
The selected term set will be used to define suggested document templates for the values in the metadata field that are mapped to the term set. Note that the metadata field that the term set is mapped to should be a single value managed metadata column. If a term set is defined, a sub-menu called “Suggested templates” will be shown under the workspace configuration:
- When you open the “Suggested templates” page you will see a drop down, where you can select a term/value from the “Term set that defines suggested templates” and then mark the document templates that should be suggested for the selected term:
Repeat this for the terms/values in the drop down, that you want to connect to a template and then click on the “Save” button.
- When you now create a document, the “Document template” field will be shown under the field that defines the relation to the templates and the suggested options will be listed on the top of the “Document template” field, grouped under “Suggested”: