MetaShare administrators can define which workspace metadata fields to show when creating workspaces or when updating their properties. The metadata fields that are shown in the workspace property form are defined in workspace content types and different workspace configurations can have different workspace content types.
This is how you you create a workspace content type for a specific workspace configuration:
- Go to MetaShare’s start page.
- Click on the “Settings” function in the top bar:
- Open the workspace configuration that you want to define a workspace content type for:
- If you already have created a workspace content type and you would like to use in this workspace configuration, then select the content type, amongst the available content types, by clicking on the arrow to the right of the “Content type for workspace properties” field. If you want to create a new content type, then you first need to click on the “Create content type” button, below the drop down and follow these instructions: How to create a site content type. Once you have created a new content type, with one or more custom columns, you first need to refresh the page to be able to select it in the drop down:
- Click on the “Save” button to save your changes.
- Now, when creating a new workspace, based on the configuration that you just modified, you will get the new workspace fields displayed in the workspace creation form, something like this:
You will however have to wait for the content type to be published and consumed by existing workspaces, before you can edit their workspace properties.